Thursday, October 26, 2006

I was visited by a face from the past yesterday...

I was parking my car in a spot at the RMV when a stanger approached my car.
He asked me, "Do you know the town of Charlton?"
"Not very well," I replied.
Not knowing what he wanted, I listened to his plight. He told me that his car was broken down and he was $14 short for cab fare back home. He then proceeded to tell me that he spoke to the registry police and they, "told him to hitch-hike." Normally, I would have told this guy to "take a hike." However, I have had some bad luck recently and I saw this a a chance to maybe spin the karma wheel back in my favor.
After listening to all of his excuses as to why he did not have the cash, I told him that I didn't have any on my person either. He told me his ATM card was at the daily limit because he just paid a wrecker $110 to tow his car.
"I'm a Christian...I'm a Christian," he kept repeating.
Well, "I'm a gimp." I kept saying to myself. I said, "It does not matter whom you pray to."
I walked with this guy to the nearest ATM and handed him $20 cash. He thanked me, took down my address and said, "I send 20 bucks back to you. It'll be in tonight's mail..."

In the back of my mind I kept telling myself this guy looked familliar. His eyes seemed kind. I didn't notice until the transaction was done that he was wearing a Yankee's cap.

To be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home